Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- Joined Gordian as Partner in 1990 and is Gordian’s President and Head of Restructuring and Distressed M&A.
- Worked at The First Boston Corporation from 1986-1990, where he was a Vice President and founding member of its Distressed Securities Group.
- JD from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1978.
- Graduated with honors and a double-major from Yale College in 1975, where he lettered in Lacrosse.
- Founding Co-Chair of American Bankruptcy Institute’s ("ABI") Committee on Investment Banking, Corporate Finance and M&A.
- Frequently asked to speak and comment on national television programs, including CNBC and CNN, on matters relating to insolvency and corporate reorganization, and on national panels such as National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges; Turnaround and Management conferences; ABI conferences, on topics such as financial restructurings, complex or distressed M&A, valuation issues and fiduciary obligations of directors in insolvent situations.
- Currently serves as an Adjunct Faculty/Lecturer at the University of Virginia School of Law on restructurings and distressed M&A; also assists in teaching courses at Darden Business School at University of Virginia.
- Consistently ranked as one of the ten leading investment bankers involved in bankruptcies and financial restructurings by The Deal and has been ranked #1. In November 2015, Mr. Kaufman was inducted into the M&A Advisor Hall of Fame at the 14th Annual M&A Advisor Awards Gala in New York City.
- Extensive experience in a variety of financing, restructuring, advisory and merger transactions; deep experience particularly in our private equity advisory services.
Selected Significant Engagements include:
- Alamo/National Car Rental (for MBIA), Alert Centre, Alexander Gallo Holdings, American Airlines, Ameriserve, Avatex Corporation, Ben & Jerry’s Homemade, Elyria Foundry Holdings, Enron, Federal Communications Commission, Hostess Brands, Intelogic Trace, Integrated Electrical Services, Jobson Healthcare Information, Liberty House, LTV Steel, Martin Color-Fi, MBIA, MiniScribe, Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railroad, Morrison Knudsen, Nationwise Automotive, Petsec Energy, Phar-Mor, Solutia, Spansion, Spiegel (for MBIA), Sudbury, Summit Global Logistics, Trustee in Madoff and United Rentals.