Sameer Somal, CFA, CFP®, CAIA
Chief Financial Officer, Blue Ocean Global Technology
Sameer Somal is the Chief Financial Officer at Blue Ocean Global Wealth and Blue Ocean Global Technology.
- Prior to co-founding Blue Ocean Global Wealth, he was a Senior Investment Analyst at The Bank of Nova Scotia and a Financial Advisor and Intermediary at Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch & Co.
- As part of the Investment Strategy Group at The Bank of Nova Scotia, Sameer actively contributed to the firm’s white paper and institutional business development efforts.
- He delivered keynote presentations and fostered education partnerships nationally.
- His fiduciary responsibility at Ernst & Young and Advisor Compliance Associates include helping asset management and alternative investment companies adapt to Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Sameer is a CFA Charterholder, a CFP® professional, and a Chartered Alternative Investment AnalystSM.
- Sameer serves on the Financial Planning Association (FPA) National Diversity Committee and the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia/Tri-State FPA.
- A senior financial services leader on industry roundtable and panel discussions, Sameer serves on CFP Board’s Council on Education and is a Women’s Initiative (WIN) Advocate.
- He is an active member at CFA Institute, serves on the Advisory Executive Council of the Women Economic Forum (WEF), and is a Board Advisor at the iPlan Education Institute in New Delhi, India.
- A member of the Speakers’ Series at the Johns Hopkins University Carey School of Business, Sameer is a frequent speaker on the digital revolution, reputation management, succession planning, technology, diversity, financial planning, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
- In May of 2017, he was named an Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All by the All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum.
- CFA Institute, Host of Topic @ Hand, Speaker, Board of Regents& Examinations Senior Grader
- CFP Board, Council on Education, Women’s Initiative (WIN) Advocate, CE Sponsor
- Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business, Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting
Click to read article by Affiliate Expert Sameer Somal: "The Importance of Online Reputation Management (ORM) for Legal Professionals"