Steven J. Pully, CPA, CFA, ESQ.
Senior Advisor, Speyside Partners
Mr. Pully serves on corporate boards and as a strategic advisor after a career as an attorney, investment banker and hedge fund executive.
- Pully began his professional career at a large corporate law firm, Baker & Botts, where he practiced in the securities, M & A and restructuring areas
- Pully also worked for a twelve-period at large Wall Street investment banks where he focused on M & A, financings and restructurings; he was a Senior Managing Director at Bear Stearns and a Managing Director at Bank of America
- Pully subsequently worked in the hedge fund sector for thirteen years, first as the president of a deep-value activist fund and then as the general counsel and a partner at a large multi-strategy fund, Carlson Capital; Mr. Pully was a member of the Management, Operating and Valuation (chair) committees at Carlson Capital
- Pully has served on twenty-one corporate boards over the course of his career, often having been appointed by activist investors or large control investors; he has served as chairman or lead director of various boards as well as the chair of numerous audit, compensation and governance committees
- Pully has provided expert witness testimony on governance, investment banking and hedge fund matters
- BSBA in Accounting from Georgetown University
- JD from The University of Texas
Certifications (all licenses and certifications current):
- License to practice law in the state of Texas
- Series 7, 24, 63 and 79