Yuri Nisenzon, ASA, EA, MAAA, FCA
Assistant Vice President, Lewis & Ellis
Actuarial Expert in Employee Benefits and Insurance: Pension, Health, Life and Disability Insurance Benefits; P&C Insurance
- Based in Trenton, New Jersey, Yuri Nisenzon provides expert witness testimony and litigation support related to employee benefit programs to attorneys and law firms nationwide in complex cases involving a wide range of employee benefit related issues.
- Mr. Nisenzon has over 25 years of experience in many areas of employee benefits including single-, multi- and multiple-employer retirement plans, defined benefits, and defined contribution plans, post-retirement medical, active employee health & welfare plans; corporate, state & local and federal government sponsored retirement and healthcare programs.
- Yuri is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA), Enrolled Actuary (EA) with US Internal Revenue Service, Member of American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) and Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries (FCA).
- Mr. Nisenzon has assisted both plaintiffs and defendants in connection with a variety of employee benefit and related liabilities issues including questions about the required funding and balance sheet liabilities, benefit calculations and interpretations of the plan documents, validity, and appropriateness of the actuarial assumptions; M&A related issues including purchase/sales price adjustments, benefit financial due diligence; corporate and municipal bankruptcy and restructuring including plan termination and assets allocation, benefit re-design; withdrawal liability calculations.
- Projects have included:
- Validation of the actuarial liability, benefit calculations, and payments
- Withdrawal liability calculations and payment, analysis of the alternative methods
- Benefit due diligence, quality of earnings and debt-like adjustments to EBITDA
- Purchase/sales price analysis and benefit liability related adjustments
- Damage issues and analysis, funding and accounting for benefit plans
- Expert report and determination of the financial loss incurred by plaintiffs or class members
- Compliance analysis
- Plan termination and assets allocation, replacement benefit programs
- Plan document Interpretations
- Third party performance and fee issues
- Mr. Nisenzon is currently an Assistant Vice President at Lewis & Ellis, Inc, HR and Management Consulting firm with offices across the country and abroad.
- Prior to joining Lewis & Ellis, Mr. Nisenzon worked as Director, Risk Consulting for KPMG, Senior Principal and Consulting Actuary for Hay Group and Associate Actuary for the Segal Company.
- Mr. Nisenzon has worked as an actuarial expert for the law firms, attorneys, arbitrators and mediators, focusing on identification, evaluation and quantification of economic and financial risk.
- In addition, as employee benefits and insurance industry experts, Lewis & Ellis actuaries provide key support in the understanding, evaluation or resolution of conflict involving insurance issues.
- If you are a lawyer, law firm, private equity or restructuring firm working on a case involving comprehensive issues related to retirement, post-retirement medical or healthcare benefit calculations and payments, validity of the associated liability and actuarial assumptions used to calculate it, please contact Yuri Nisenzon today for expert analysis, advice, report and testimony.