Dr. Sanjai Bhagat
Provost Professor of Finance, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Dr. Sanjai Bhagat is Provost Professor of Finance at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- He has worked previously at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Princeton University, and University of Chicago.
- He has served as the Associate Editor for the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Research, and Journal of Corporate Finance. He has advised U.S. government agencies and Fortune 500 companies on corporate governance and finance issues. His work is cited in the popular and financial media such as the Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Economist and the New York Times.
- Corporate finance and governance: Advised the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Department of Treasury, U.S. Federal Reserve Board, Council of Institutional Investors, and National Association of Corporate Directors on corporate finance and governance.
- Valuation of public and private companies; event study: Valuation of tech companies. Valuation of IPOs and M&A targets. Given depositions and submitted affidavits as an expert in over 10 cases.
- Securities and class-action litigation: Submitted amici curiae briefs to the U.S. Supreme Court; most recently in the Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John Fund, 134 S. Ct. 2398 (2014). The high court noted our brief in their decision.
- Litigation Consulting
- Damages in securities class action litigation.
- Bankruptcy litigation.
- Event studies.
- Expert Witness
- Corporate governance and executive compensation.
- Valuation of private corporations.
- Litigation surrounding M&A.
PUBLICATIONS ON EVENT STUDIES, LITIGATION, AND CORPORATE LAW
- He has published extensively in the leading Finance and Law journals (such as, the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, American Law and Economics Review, Columbia Law Review, Journal of Corporation Law).
- Dr. Bhagat is a board member of ProLink, an enterprise software company; Integra Ventures, a venture-capital company; and of the National Association of Corporate Directors – Colorado Chapter. He is also a founding director of the TiE-Rockies (The Indus Entrepreneurs), a professional group serving the technology entrepreneurs.
- University of Washington, Finance, Ph.D.
- University of Rochester, Finance, Applied Economics, MBA
Indian Institute of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, B.Tech.