John M. Keeling CPA CRE MAI
Principal, The Keeling Consultancy, LLC
Areas Of Special Competence
- During his 30-plus years of hotel management, consulting, appraisal,brokerage, and development, Mr. Keeling has provided hotel development consulting services and managed a diverse assortment of projects including hotel market studies, highest and best use studies and project financing. Mr. Keeling's areas of specialization and relevant experience include the following:
- Hotel appraisals;
- Workouts and repositioning of troubled hospitality assets;
- Negotiation of hotel franchise and management agreements;
- Hotel acquisition, site selection and financing.
- Development and repositioning of full-service hotels;
- Hotel facilities planning;
- Financial structuring of complex real estate projects;
- Hotel asset management;
- Hotel disposition; and,
- Expert testimony on hotel issues.
- Principal – The Keeling Consultancy, LLC
- Mr. Keeling accepts occasional assignments regarding arbitration or the formation of an expert opinion on matters involving hotels. Principally these assignments involve asset management, the negotiation of hotel franchise or management agreements, valuation of hotels or hotel interests, estimation of hotel economic impact, or the calculation of lost profits.
- Executive Vice President – Valencia Group
- Valencia Group specializes in the development and operation of fullservice, independent hotels. In addition to management, the company provides development, branding and repositioning services. Mr. Keeling and the Valencia development team are currently developing hotel projects in downtown Houston, Irving, Lubbock and Fort Worth. Existing properties are located in Austin, College Station, Houston, & San Antonio, TX and San Jose, CA.
- Senior Vice President & Shareholder – PKF Consulting
- Managing Director – PKF Capital
- President – Hospitality Advisory Services
- President – Hospitality Transactions, Inc.
- Regional Managing Partner – Laventhol & Horwath
- Manager – Marriott Hotels & Resorts (Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX)
- University of California at Los Angeles, CA – BA, History (Cum Laude)
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI – MBA, Hotel Restaurant & Institutional Management
- University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX - MATS
- Completed the Appraisal Institute course Fundamentals of Separating Real Property, Personal Property, and Intangible Business Assets
- Completed all course work for a Certificate of Completion of the Appraisal Institute’s Litigation Certificate program