Richard K. Hollowell
Managing Shareholder, Kealoha Corporation
Over 45 years of real estate asset management, finance, workout, capital markets, development, corporate consulting and expert witness experience. Since the 2008 systemic crash of the U.S. financial markets, served as consulting and testifying expert in more than 30 legal cases involving failed banks, financially challenged real estate projects, lender liability, partnership disputes, corporate and real estate bankruptcies, and foreclosure actions. Possesses expertise in mergers and acquisitions, corporate acquisition due diligence, corporate and real estate restructuring, business and real estate valuation. Served as an Executive Board Member of a top-50 public accounting firm while participating in the leadership of their real estate, litigation support, and M&A due diligence practices. Served as court appointed receiver for more than a dozen troubled commercial properties. Highly respected by bank regulatory authorities; appeared as one of six industry experts before 20 members of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s staff on August 12, 2008, to discuss rapidly declining U.S. economic conditions, America’s depressed real estate market, and the prospect of widespread U.S. bank failures.
- A widely published authority on troubled banks, distressed real estate, bank bailouts, real estate asset management, crisis management, and capital market trends. A frequent guest speaker at real estate, corporate turnaround, and law conferences/special events.
- Since 2015, directs Kealoha Consulting Corp as it’s Managing Shareholder providing consulting and expert witness services to corporations, financial institutions and law firms on a national basis. Offices are located in Newport Beach, California.
- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, MIAMI, FL
Bachelor of Science Degree, Major: Real Estate/Finance
- Numerous domestic and international conferences and seminars relating to commercial real estate financing, capital markets, property development, banking regulations, pension fund investment strategies, asset securitization, bankruptcy/insolvency, litigation management, environmentally impaired properties and receivership management.
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Receivers Forum