Robert R. Trout, PH.D., CFA
Partner, LitEcon LLP
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1998-Date Lit.Econ LLP, San Diego, CA
- 1996-1998 Deloitte & Touche, Costa Mesa and San Diego, CA
- 1992-1996 Foster Associates, Inc., San Diego, CA.
- PhD in financial economics from the Anderson Graduate School of Management, U.C.L.A. Minor fields in statistics and corporate law.
- MBA in finance from U.C.L.A.
- BS in math and economics from the University of Oregon, Eugene, OR.
o Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), member of the Financial Analysts Society of San Diego and the CFA Institute;
o Former Director of the National Association of Forensic Economics;
o Senior Editor, Board of Editors for the Journal of Forensic Economics;
o Managing Editor, Litigation Economics Digest;
o Member of the Financial Management Association, National Association of Forensic Economics, and American Academy of Economic and Financial Experts.
o Member Advisory Board for Forensic Economics Abstracts, Social Science Research Network.
Previously testified in civil courts concerning the following areas:
o Antitrust economics and damages
o Breach of contract damages
o Business interruption losses
o Eminent domain business goodwill losses
o Employment discrimination statistics
o Investment and portfolio theory
o Patent infringement losses
o Personal economic losses
o Reasonable royalties in patent cases
o Regulatory economics issues
o Securities fraud losses
o Statistical analysis
o Trademark infringement losses
o Valuation of businesses, partnerships, financial assets, and securities